Tamani Foundation, founded in 2012, aims to provide free, high quality education in the village of Matemwe- Zanzibar. They provide nursery, primary, and adult education free of charge. In addition to donors, the Foundation is sustained by two villas on the beach that are rented out on a nightly basis. All profits from the villas are directly channeled back to the schools.
The Foundation is officially not religiously based, though majority of our students and surroundings are based on the values of Islam. In addition, the Zanzibar curriculum has a religion class based on the teachings of Islam.
Departments within Tamani Foundation
1. Teacher training
2. One on one tutoring of slow learners
3. Nurse Training
4. Admin Work
5. Adult Education
6. Social Media
Vision of the Tamani Foundation
Tamani Foundation aims to become a model for the education system in Tanzania, working alongside the government and other organizations to ensure that Tanzania’s youth have the opportunity to access high quality educational resources they require in order to maximize the opportunities available to them.
Day- to- Day- Routine
- 7:15 AM: Breakfast
- 8:00am – Assembly
- 8:00-10:00am Work at School
- 10:00-10:30am Break
- 10:30am-1:00pm Work at School
- 1:00-3:00pm Lunch and rest
- 3:00pm-4:30pm: Adult Education
- Qualified teacher volunteers will be given additional responsibilities to train teachers during parts of the week.
- Volunteers may also be given special projects associated with art, drama, and sports.
- Volunteers may also be asked to help in administration tasks such as printing, organizing, and cleaning.