Flowers Children Center is an English Medium pre- primary School with approximately 80 students between the age of 2,5 and 6 years old and 6 employees. The school was founded in January 2016.
Most of the children come from poor families in the Madukani/ Kambi ya Chupa area. Flowers children Center host children that are orphans, physically disabled and/ or street children. Flowers Children Center supports their little students with a meal a day and early education. Flowers school is free of charge so that even the poorest students are able to attend school.
The mission statement of Flowers Children Center is to give guidelines and education to children with the most limited resources out of impoverished backgrounds and into a successful sustainable and independent future.
- Volunteers can stay for a minimum of 3 weeks up to one year, depending on the skills.
- Proactive thinking and self- initiative expected
- Adaptability, independent working
- No smoking and drinking when at the project
- Patience- time is a relative and communication and explanation will be slow
- You are willing and able to work with limited resources
- It is not a problem for you to adapt to the local customs and to work with the local population
- It is important to cover knees and shoulders at school at all times.
- Male: t-shirt and long trousers (no jeans) is recommended.
- Female: t-shirt (no low-neck line or singlets) and trousers, skirts or dresses that cover the knees (no high splits in the skirt or dress that would reveal the knees or upper leg)